Synaptic Tangent

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Walk this Way! ......This Way!

Yay for Young Frankenstein references. So I've gotten roped into She Stoops to Conquer. That's OK, Laura, Chip, David and I will have fun playing the goon squad. I get to do a Geico Gecko accent and walk around weirdly, so it's going to be a fun time.

I haven't posted in over a week. Darn. I was doing so well, too.

Last night, Eric and I went to a party with his highschool friends, Jason, Steve, Alan, etc. And I decided to get into the gin. Except it was Beefeater gin.....yeah.....not the finest of gins, really.....instant heartburn! And it's probably good to mix gin, beer, and pretzels dipped in mustard....

DOESN'T THAT SOUND DELICIOUS? I bet your mouth is watering, right now.

We came up with the most horrifying idea ever last night - wasabi-based hard liquor. Basically, if we could just ferment wasabi somehow....sounds good, huh? Writhe.

I don't know why I'm so fucking tired tonight. I had to drive my dad downtown for him to "check out" of jail. My dad was under house-arrest for five days. It's a long story. But mostly in reference to the 3rd DUI that he got about eight years ago, and now after eight years of no drinking he wanted to go back into Douglas county and face the music. They more or less just gave him a slap on the wrist.

We had lunch at Le Peep on Saturday, and I had the most incredible penne pasta with sauteed veggies and grilled Alaskan salmon. I've had a lot of salmon this weekend, actually, because while under house-arrest at my grandma's house, my dad made some baked salmon with lots of lemon, butter and dill. It was tasty. He also made a clam/cram chowder, which I still have some of and plan on getting into later tonight.

I'm currently drinking açai berry tea. Try it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Melanie said...

fermented wasabi... I'd try it.

12:18 AM  
Blogger Melanie said...

uh....wTF, UPDATE?

10:49 PM  
Blogger Melanie said...

okie, I need a little Eric Birthday update.I'm at home with the flu and doing homework I can't even concentrate on. Update, mister.

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home