Synaptic Tangent

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Dream

I had a strange dream the other morning...

I dreamt I was visiting Nicole on the day before she died. Which didn't happen in real life - I hadn't seen her for weeks. But I remember a couple other people around, and then at one point, they left Nicole and I alone for a few minutes. As soon as they were gone, Nicole sort of leaned in towards me and whispered something quickly, not like it was frantic, but more like it was an important secret...

She said, "Leave with me."

And I looked at her, and this emotion came over me...it was like a sort of longing, but also kind of having to let go of something, like part of me wanted to go with her, but instead I told her something like, "I can't, I've got so much more to do here, people need me still..."

I don't really remember much else about it. But when I woke up, I didn't feel upset. The experience was relieving, in a strange way. I felt almost like I'd gotten to tell her something (or perhaps myself something) that I'd needed to say for a long time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home