Synaptic Tangent

Sunday, December 02, 2007

Why Didn't I Title My Last Post?

Sunday morning...I actually woke and stayed up at about 8:15 or so. Go me. I had an avocado-and-egg sandwich for breakfast.

Today, Eric is doing his Dana College Christmas concert thing. I...oh wow, hey, the Sun suddenly got much bright in here, like the room suddenly illuminated...anyway...I'm heading to the play early to practice with Chip, who is filling in for Eric's part today. I won't get to see Eric's concert. =(

You know, Eric and I have been together two years now. Time runs crazy, doesn't it?

I finished House of Leaves. After the "story proper", there are several appendices that include scraps and bits about and written by the guy who analyzed the "documentary" in the story, and there's one particular poem that really, really struck me, and it shows how the title comes into play....just take a look at this:

"Little solace comes
to those who grieve
when thoughts keep drifting
as walls keep shifting
and this great blue world of ours
seems a house of leaves

moments before the wind."


I don't know why, but it really stuck with me. As did the end of the "book proper". And oddly, the ending of the book is not so much frightening (the rest of the book is pretty terrifying) as it is comforting in a strange, "grasping at stones" sort of way.

I went grocery shopping yesterday. I think I'll make chicken, this evening. Just a question of what seasoning...

Well, I better go. I need to exercise, and then take a shower and get ready for the show.

1 Comments:

Blogger Melanie said...

I'm listening to the "Mask of Zorro" soundtrack.

I know, you're jealous.

Want to Flamenco with me. Allit takes is some fancy clappin'.

12:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home