Synaptic Tangent

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Attend the tale of Anna Christopherson

Well, there's opening weekend of Anna Christie, under our belts. Now, for Thanksgiving! I'm going to be making pumpkin soup from a recipe I got in my e-mail. Yay, pumpkins! "Punkinhead???" Mel will get that.

In other news, Sweeney Todd and Mrs. Lovett are my new friends on MySpace. Mrs. Lovett has a clip of the song "My Friends" on her page, and it sounds awesome.

I had this weird dream last night. Most of it was about my parents' dog, Bear, being pregnant with possibly-deformed puppies. o_O Yeah, I don't know... but later in the dream, I walked into some room with that sort of soft, dark kind of sunlight, like an old room with thinly curtained windows...and Laura was there. She was in her Anna Christie costume. And she was crying softly, into a cup. Her tears were falling down her face perfectly into this cup, and the cup was nearly full.

Strange.

David Lynch presents: Eric's subconscious!

So, we went to Border's after the show this afternoon. And I ordered a gingerbread latte (yum!), and the girl at the counter was pouring the syrup, and she starts going, "Ew, it's sticking...there it goes, oh crap, it's everywhere!...gross!...here's your drink...ew, I have sticky arm hair now..." Seriously, this girl was like some crude caricature.

Anyway, now I'm drinking cranberry pomegranate tea. It's tasty.

Can't remember if I blogged this before, but...exciting news for Acrobat...the Shelterbelt is going to let us perform it there in April/May. FINALLY, we have a SPACE! Yay!

Here's some Sweeney, in my head:

These are my friends
See how they glisten
See this one shine
How he smiles in the light!
My friend!
My faithful friend!

Speak to me, friend
Whisper, I'll listen
I know, I know
You've been locked out of sight
All these years,
Like me, my friend!

Well, I've come home
To find you waiting
Home,
And we're together
And we'll do wonders,
Won't we?

(P.S. - he's singing to his razors)

1 Comments:

Blogger Melanie said...

We should name that barista Ain.

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home