Synaptic Tangent

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

I'd Die for Ireland!

I know, I'm a slacker when it comes to blogging. But considering I work overtime, direct a play, cook dinners, do laundry, etc...

Just opened The Shadow of a Gunman this past weekend at BSB. It went well. I think we have a good cast, and the audience was enjoying it. I think Saturday and Sunday's audiences were more into it than Friday's. Someone actually came up to me after Sunday's matinee asking me what the violin music piece was (the Phillip Glass concerto that I wanted to use, which sounds very beautiful and sad in that last scene).

So, we're staring rehearsals now for Anna Christie, but luckily I'm only a smaller part in the first Act (out of four), so I only have to come to a handful of rehearsals. That's good, because I need a break.

I've been spending a lot more time cooking, lately, which I enjoy doing. It's funny because I used to bitch about how great a chef my dad is and how I was never any good at it. But necessity finds a way - since I don't like eating most of the stuff Eric's family eats, I've taken to making my own food a lot of the time. And Eric loves it, too. Because I make yummy, yummy food. Just ask him.

Here's some stuff that's delicious:

1. Boneless chicken breasts coated in rosemary and sage, baked in chicken broth and glazed with raspberry preserves.

2. Whole grain spaghetti using Prego sauce as a base but browning hamburger in olive oil and red wine, adding oregano and then frying red bell pepper, yellow squash and tomato with it, with a chopped garlic clove...and adding all that to the sauce to make it nice and thick.

3. Boneless chicken breasts cooked with chicken broth, basil and chopped carrots.

Anyway, I'm gonna go for now. Eric and I are getting close to done with Final Fantasy V. I remember Nicole telling me the final dungeon is insanely long. But the game has pirates!

Ta!

1 Comments:

Blogger Melanie said...

We need a house or neighborhood where we all can cook for each other. And drink wine. I need to drink more wine.

10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home