Synaptic Tangent

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Ready for New Years

Let's see, what all has happened in the past few days? I've seen Sweeney Todd three times now, and it gets better each time. Eric and I went to Le Peep again this morning. I finally got to meet Jennifer's sister, Jamie from Berlin, last night, at the movie, and afterwards at Chili's. It's really funny how polar opposite (and yet alike) they seem together...Jamie has this deadpan wit when she jokes, and Jennifer's just giddy, crazy Jennifer.

I went shopping today, for groceries. I bought a piece of honeycomb from Missouri. I like honeycomb. And I mean real honeycomb, not the retarded breakfast cereal. I also bought some Açai berry Chinese tea from Le Peep. It was $10 for 50 pouches, but it's really good. And it's supposedly loaded with some sort of magical super-power antioxidants, or something.

There's some insane Lifetime movie on right now (it's just on this station because I watch The Golden Girls at night and then we just happened to have the TV on) about some crazy church or something.

There are too many damn animals in this house right now. There are two full-grown cats, one younger cat, three kittens, and two ferrets. They are driving me CRAZY. If we don't block our door at nights, the ferrets push it open and the kittens run in and chase them around the room making a ruckus, while I mutter sleepily "Ferreeeets....get the fuck ouuuut....go awaaayyy..."

I'm supposed to go have dinner with my parents tonight. Don't know where yet. Oh! My dad gave me some deer steaks. Like a whole filet and a whole roast. People who read this blog, we need to plan a dinner, I will make you venison steaks - DON'T BE SQUEEMISH, if I make them the way my dad makes them, you'll LOVE them, they'll taste amazing. AMAZING!

I'm finally starting to do the duties for my new job at work. The new girl is trained on checks and deliveries, so I've started doing research the past couple of days. I'm enjoying it. It's much more relaxed than having to send money to rich jackasses.

Looking forward to New Years! I'm sure Melanie will make everyone do the usual suicide shot. Here's to 2008! And to visiting April and Tim in Minnesota! And to another trip to Chicago!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mooph said...

Screw you. Honeycomb is the shit.


And when you going to Chicago? I'm leaving for there the evening of the 10th and coming back the 14th.

5:18 PM  
Blogger Melanie said...

What time is it? Shot time!!!!!!

12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home