Synaptic Tangent

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Today's the Day!

Well, tonight starts our auditions. I'm very excited. I know that Eric's all excited too. And Melanie's excited.........Everyone's just excited! Weeee!

Last night...went to Shakespeare on the Green, to see Antony and Cleopatra. Eh...it was okay. I still had fun, we brought picnic stuff including a whole rotisserie chicken, fresh strawberrys, spaghetti salad, two unbelievably decadent parfait desserts, and garlic bread. And to drink we brought Cream Sodas and a bottle of Wild Berry Zinfandel (I drink zinfandel, I'm so gay...).

But the performance...parts of it were good. Harris, my movement/combat professor from UNL, was Antony. I don't really care for his acting, and it bugs me saying that, cuz well, he was one of my professors, you know? Although I thought some of the shit he said once to Kris Anderzhan was way over the line, so... I don't know. I just found him two-dimensional and kind of boring as Antony.

I thought Cleopatra was interesting. Eric found her annoying, b/c he thought she should be more regal. I don't know, she behaved as I would expect that character to behave, all toying-slut-like and prima-donna-ish. I found her more interesting, at least.

The guy who was Caesar Octavius was at the auditions for The Seagull last summer. He was the one who was really funny reading as the character of Dorn, which unfortunately he was too young for. His name's Kevin something-or-other, I don't remember. Anyway, he was one of the better actors last night, or at least one of the more interesting ones.

I just don't know...I see all these paid equity actors who get cast in these parts, but...it's like I can see them being good actors for contemp. stuff but it's like their grasp on the language in Shakespeare is too... "I'm-doing-a-strong-Shakespeare-character-let's-boom-my-voice-and-laugh-like-I'm-made-of-thunder". They do the language in such a manner that it never holds my attention, and I easily find my mind wandering.

......

Good lord, I just got a phone call from someone asking if there are any eligibile parts in "Acrobat" for a 12-year-old girl! Um....no....no, no, no........I hope to God no one under 17 shows up, b/c although we gave a description, we didn't really put any "disclaimers" on it. I just don't want anyone showing up only to have to leave right away.


.....

John let me have some of his Muenster cheese last night too.

MUENSTAHHHHH!!!!!

...

Everything's about ellipses today, once again.

Anyway, we've got the scenes all picked out and copied (many thanks to Kaci!) and I highlighted them last time for the various parts (to make it easier for a cold reading), and...well....here we go!

Whoopie!

1 Comments:

Blogger JGIII said...

It's spelled Monster Cheesee. Duh! Gelflings.

12:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home