Synaptic Tangent

Monday, May 29, 2006

Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!

You know what's interesting?

Watching The Brady Bunch Movie while playing a drinking game to it. Yes, we drank every time someone said the name Marcia. Which happens like 60 times during the movie. Eric and I finished off an entire 6-pack of bottled beer. It was Leinenkugel's Berry Wies, which I love. And that was after having fun all evening, like going to areas of Omaha that actually look interesting. You know, Hummel Park is really gorgeous. It's so sad that it's become a dangerous place and that they find so many bodies, etc., there.

Eric and I saw X-Men 3, which I think is a lot better, actually, than most of the X-Men fanatics are making it out to be. It could have been better developed, yes, but it was by no means terrible. It was actually a pretty good action movie. And I mean, come on, Ian McKellan and Patrick Stewart! But a lot of the fan's are bitching about (if you can believe) the "far-fetched plot twists that happen".......................far-fetched???? FOR GOD'S SAKE, YOU'RE WATCHING A MOVIE ABOUT PEOPLE WITH SUPER-HERO MUTATIONS!!!!!!

Far-fetched plot twists...

Nerdity has reached new levels of amazement.

Let's see...must remember to look into possibility of using "With or Without You" as the background music for Act III, Scene 3 of Acrobat. The memory scene, with Arthur and Michael at the nightclub.

Okay, time to buckle down and get serious, now that I have the car shit and the View from the Bridge shit handled. I need to set up a pre-emptive reading, and I need to get all the answers I need from the Kurzes as far as props, lighting, etc.

I'm supposed to go visit my family today for Memorial Day. I just wish, though, that I could spend one of the holidays with Eric. Maybe Independence Day. I really want to go to the Zoo, I haven't been there since I was like in junior high. Seriously, I haven't even seen the new aquarium or the desert yet.

I was looking over a scene I started writing that might make an amusing small film. I just created some characters rehearsing a play, and they're really funny characters. Like I can imagine someone like Janine Geroffalo (spelling?) playing the stage manager. Anyway...

I think that's all for now, folks.

1 Comments:

Blogger Melanie said...

I want to go to the zoo. John and I were talking about it last week.

TAKE ME!

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home