Synaptic Tangent

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Long Sunday Afternoon

Okay...

Eric's little brothers are driving me crazy, they keep coming into the room and being obnoxious and fighting. And to top it off, their FRIENDS just came through the door a little while ago. We need to discuss with them that this is our BEDROOM, and they cannot just...well, you get my point.

Show's still going well. I think we have a really great production. Melanie, John and Eric came Friday and loved it. April and Tim came Saturday, but it wasn't really April's kind of thing. She doesn't like depressing stuff. Which, I don't really find the play so much depressing as ironic and making a powerful social comment. Don and Lena came Saturday too, but they left before I could get out of costume to come see them.

I want to start writing again. I need to make the final revisions to Semblable so we can work sections of it, and possibly use that space in Benson.

I need to also get back to working on my long, long, LONG-term project with Meg. I need to actually just buckle down and plot-point the story so I can start scripting for her. Her character sketches were awesome, but so much has happened over the past 3 (4?) years that I just let it fall by the wayside.

I'm still trying to determine the details of the ending of the first book, Lespral Code. I need to determine the exact goal of the Archons and what the outcome will be with the battle between Orinx and Firin - and what happens to Abbigail? I'm still mulling that over, but if I write it out, I can get something tangible that I can fix and work with and keep straight.

I had dinner with my parents Thursday night - homemade spaghetti, garlic cheesebread, my mom's yummy salad (lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, feta cheese and some sort of mixed dressing)...I miss people who actually appreciate FOOD as it should be appreciated.

Everyone here is grossed out by really good things like artichoke dip and seafood and avocado - seriously, what the hell? It's difficult to eat anything without it being redundant or junk.

Well, I think that's it for now.

Oh - name of the day, which I found at work:

Annie Mary Gunn Lyon

Yup.

1 Comments:

Blogger Melanie said...

Look at you, all updating and shit, yeah, WOO-HOO!

Keep in contact for Saturday night, invite Jeremy and Tevvye, and everyone for my CELEBRATION, CELEBRATION!

(Instead of tradition, tradition...get it? It's a play on words because that guy looks like Tevvye in The Seagull. ) I'm a freakin' comedic genius.

11:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home