Synaptic Tangent

Monday, January 30, 2006

My Blog Entry, Starring Dakota Fanning as the Letter A!

So, yay! I got offered a job at Pacific Life in downtown, Omaha. It's through a staffing agency, and the position is temp-to-hire for 90 days before I become full-time. My starting wage is $13 an hour, which is only slightly less than I was currently making. But still, STARTING wage...yay!

Oh, and the best part is that they are NOT a customer service center - they're a processing center. So I don't have to take stupid incoming phone calls anymore! Huzzah, sailor! Huzzah!

I hope that Eric feels okay about his monologues and his grad school auditions. He's really feeling kind of futile about the whole thing, and I hope he realizes he's got a lot more talent than he thinks he does.

Tomorrow is my last day at Ameritas. Christine is taking me out to lunch, so that should be fun.

Chicago in 4 days, woohoo!

Saturday was Coley's birthday, or would have been her 26th birthday. Wanda, Beverly, Larry, Eric and I all went out to the cemetery to sing happy birthday and bring flowers. Bev asked me to say a pray. I was fine until then - I said the prayer, but I think the openness and honesty of talking to God always cuts deeper than anything else. I started to cry then, but it wasn't bad or anything. But everyone there misses her. And I was very happy that Eric came with me.

Nicole, wherever you are, I wish you could meet my boyfriend. He knows all about you. And I know you'd love him. I'm always thinking of you, sweetie.

Anyway, I think that's all I got, for now.

I have Follies stuck in my head:

One more kiss before we part
One more kiss and farewell
Never shall we meet again
Just a kiss and then
We break the spell

One more kiss to melt the heart
One more glimpse of the past
One more souvenir of bliss
Knowing well that this
One must be the last

Dreams are a sweet mistake
All dreamers must awake
On then with the dance
No backward glance
Or my heart will break
Never look back
Never look back

One more kiss before we part
Not with tears or a sigh
All things beautiful must die

Now that our love is done
Lover give me one
More kiss
And goodbye

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home