Synaptic Tangent

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

On the crazies, out to lunch

Huzzah! "Should of bean a rera..."

These are the mysterious words sent back to me from our clearing firm on a request I sent to them. I have yet to decide what these words mean. So my friend Carrie-Beth and I just use the word "rera" for everything now. For instance, the other day, it was so freezing, I text messaged her and said that it was "Colder than a witch's rera." Today, she told me that she believes in love at first rera, and that she doesn't think I'm reratarded for emotionally attaching to Eric so quickly.

Work is crazy. There is too much work at work. You know, I just realized that work backwards is "krow". I don't know WHAT that portends, but I'm sure it's something interesting.

If anyone has not yet, read a very amusing series of books called "Would You Rather?" There's a question in there about France changing its name to Funkytown, which I would love. Seriously, I think all my mysteries in life would be solved.

Random lyric-age:

"It's no secret that the stars are falling from the sky
The universe exploded 'cause of one man's lie
Look, I gotta go, yeah I'm running outta change
There's a lot of things, if I could, I'd rearrange"

It's a U2 song. I was listening to it earlier. It was one of the songs that inspired my originals script, "Acrobat". You know, it's funny, Eric actually came to the reading of "Acrobat", and that was sort of how we started talking more. I knew him from being in "Hamlet" with him (he was Laertes), but on a whim I invited him to the reading and he did an excellent job with the character of Douglas. And from what I saw of his response, well...that was sort of how I started piecing together that he was gay. Anyway, we started hanging out more after that, and things just...clicked, I guess.

I'm staring at a picture of the One Ring. It's on my page-a-day calendar.

Why did I bother typing that?

Question of the day: If you were a hotdog, would you eat yourself?

Eric would not. He has a problem with hotdogs. And sausage links, apparently. I don't know what the psychological details of this are. But it amused me.

I, on the other hand, love hot dogs. And sausages. And I love to say "sausages" with a Cockney accent.

Eric loves bananas, though.

Okay, maybe that's enough with the stream-of-consciousness. I'm going to try and look for a Christmas present for Eric. He and I and a bunch of our friends are having a holiday dinner at this newer place in Omaha tomorrow night, the Kona Grill. I've been wanting to go there. They have sushi... ::drool::

Rera, for now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home