Synaptic Tangent

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Hey, Did You Know There's Boners All Over the Kitchen?

Okay, I'm back. Wow, it's been almost three months. Time's fun when you're having flies. That's a Kermit the Frog quote, people. More people should listen to Kermit. I'd vote for him for President.

Well, we've opened The Odd Couple to a great review (Fischbach had absolutely nothing to bitch about, I was amazed) and to great audiences (Saturday sold out). It's been a lot of hard work, but I've really enjoyed this show. Neil Simon is fun, plain and simple.

Let's see, what else has been going on...?

Hell on wheels, at work. Goddamn you, Reserve Funds!

I think after this I'm going to start pursuing some venue possibilities for Semblable. Time to start discussing with the Maxwells, or I know Scott Working said something about a public reading, perhaps.

Oh! Acrobat got two OEA nominations. One for best original script premiere, and another for best featured Dancer (Amy Patzer). So, that's fabu.

Yes, Melanie, I said fabu! That is, if you're reading this. I'm not sure if you are...you never post on your own blog anymore, which is out of character. Stop being so busy. You're falling out of the loop! Or as my ex-co-worker Amy Chapman would say, "out of the atom smasher!" She liked to replace "loop" with "atom smasher". When asked to keep people informed, she would reassure them, "Don't worry, I'll keep you in the atom smasher."

I've really been in the mood to watch Lord of the Rings again. I seriously think those are in my top five favorite movies of all time. And I don't really view them the way a lot of people do - a lot of folks I've shown them to love all the big-scale battles, etc., but I really am more into the artistry of the film and the quieter scenes. I think it's really sad that Tolkien tends to get lumped into the "geekdom" of other things like Star Wars, etc. His approach to the stories really isn't fantasy so much as fictional history.

Seriously, I'm still in awe of the subtlety that went into the histories and into the way The Silmarillion is laid out. The stories aren't so much an "action/fantasy" thing for me as much as a spiritual thing, really. So it kind of upsets me when he's dismissed as a Dungeons and Dragons writer. The language and the poetry in the books is just too much of a fucking contribution to classical literature to be treated that way. Seriously, I look at his dialogue and his descriptions much in the same way I look at Shakespeare. Not exaggerating.

Anyway, we're doing laundry today, then we're going to see some Swedish vampire movie or something, at Filmstreams. I have no idea what it's about, but Eric is psyched.

COME SEE ODD COUPLE!!!

P.S. - we're playing a childish game backstage of replacing random nouns in our lines in Odd Couple with the word "boner" (hence the title of this post). It's actually impressive how funny some of the lines turn out.

2 Comments:

Blogger Melanie said...

I read if I have time. I've become so OLD. As my boss would say, "You're 28? That's 4 hours from 40."
Of course my boss is a douche sometimes.

DINNER!

8:41 PM  
Blogger Dann said...

Like your blog! Happy 2009!

10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home