Synaptic Tangent

Monday, October 23, 2006

The Photogenic Pain


Yeah...freaky or what??? Don't ask. Halloween/novelty stores never have costumes in my size (unless I go to an expensive actual costume shop), so I decided to buy the most ecclectic array of pieces I could find, to best hurt the eyes and please the Thantos drive. I actually had makeup in addition to this, too - like pale, ghoulish makeup...

Anyhoo...

I'm going to try and work on the RTG site this week. I'm psyched. We've got our own site, yeah!!! Does that rock or what? Did I just say "Does that rock?" I sound like Melanie. Not that that's a bad thing. Unless you're Bizarro-Melanie, Melanie's antithesis.

Today was decent. Got quite a bit at work caught up, at least. Voicemail Hell!!! Speaking of hell, Joel's friends are running all over the house right now causing a ruckus. And of course Eric's dad is just shouting unintelligably at them, like another pissed off child...so whatever...Pancakes, anyone?

By the way - try a honeycrisp apple. Seriously, they're like twice as expensive as other apples, but you'll be glad you did, trust me. It's like eating fruit of the gods. Okay, now I sound retarded......

I SOUND retarded??? Yeah, good one, Eric, cuz you know, look at that picture, there.......

Anyway, I think we need to clean up. We need to do a lot of things. Man, I have a shit-ton of people to visit and hang out with, make time for:

1) Mom and Dad
2) Paternal grandparents
3) Maternal grandmother
4) Kris Byars
5) Zach and April
6) My Lincoln friends (ex co-workers, and I miss them)

Well, one thing at a time. One thing at a time...

Here...from Merrily We Roll Along (a highly underrated musical)

"It started out like a song
It started quiet and slow, with no surprise
And then one morning I woke to realize
We had a good thing going

It's not that nothing went wrong
Some angry moments, of course, but just a few
And only moments, at that, because we knew
We had this good thing going

And if I wanted too much
Was that such
A mistake
At the time?
You never wanted enough
All right, tough!
I don't make
That a crime

And while it's going along
You take for granted some love will slip away
We took for granted a lot, but still I say
It could have kept on growing
Instead of just kept on

We had a good thing going...
Going...
Gone."

1 Comments:

Blogger Melanie said...

Where's the picture of me Chip took with your phone? It was actually a nice photo of me AND my double chin didn't make an appearance.

YOU DO ROCK!!!!!!!!

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home