Synaptic Tangent

Friday, June 24, 2011

Opening Doors?

Well, it's well past time for another blog post. I've been working at BirdDog Solutions since Thanksgiving, after quitting Securities America last year. I like the people, I like the low stress, etc. But I'm making $10 per hour, which is like a 40% pay cut compared to what I used to make. Money has been tight.

Indpendently produced Durang's two-person comedy Laughing Wild a couple months ago, starred Denise Chevalier and myself. Really pleased with our work and the response we got from people. Feel like it may be the best comedic work I've done so far.

As for the reason I'm blogging today - just got offered a new position at BirdDog. However, it's a lateral move, so I'm having mixed feelings. I really need to make more than I'm making right now, but on the other hand this new position is more along the kind of work I like doing and there's more room for opportunity (at least according to my boss, who I get along with great). The trade off would be an earlier start (they said it's normally 6am, but they could go a little later, hopefully I could push it to 7am cuz I am NOT a morning person).

So...got some thinking to do this weekend...hope I make the right choice, here.

Making my first recipe with orzo pasta tonight, I think. I've had orzo before, just haven't cooked it myself before. I don't imagine it will be all that challenging.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home